How to get the output of ping(bash) while it is running?

<p>I want to monitor round-trip time of my network, drawing the date using highcharts on linux</p><p>I know how to get the result of ping after it finished running. Like:</p><pre><br /><code>[root@localhost dev]# ping stackoverflow.com -c 5<br />PING stackoverflow.com (104.16.36.249) 56(84) bytes of data.<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=1 ttl=128 time=341 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=2 ttl=128 time=351 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=3 ttl=128 time=342 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=4 ttl=128 time=294 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=5 ttl=128 time=286 ms<br /><br />--- stackoverflow.com ping statistics ---<br />5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 5622ms<br />rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 286.302/323.460/351.832/27.258 ms<br />[root@localhost dev]# <br /></code><br /></pre><p>I know how to get the info such as <code>rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 286.302/323.460/351.832/27.258 ms</code> after ping has finished.</p><p>Now I want to draw a <strong>Live</strong> chart using Ajax.</p><p>Is there a way to get the output of ping while it is running? I need the round-trip time.</p><pre><br /><code>[root@localhost dev]# ping stackoverflow.com <br />PING stackoverflow.com (104.16.36.249) 56(84) bytes of data.<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=1 ttl=128 time=359 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=2 ttl=128 time=341 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=3 ttl=128 time=348 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=4 ttl=128 time=359 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=5 ttl=128 time=357 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=6 ttl=128 time=301 ms<br />64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=7 ttl=128 time=299 ms<br /></code><br /></pre><p>I need time : <em>64 bytes from 104.16.36.249: icmp_seq=7 ttl=128 time=<strong>299</strong> ms</em></p><p>Please help with linux bash shell, js and php. Thank you.</p><br /><h2>Click here view more answers <a href="%20http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34525363/how-to-get-the-output-of-pingbash-while-it-is-running">http://ift.tt/1OYPIGE</a></h2>

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Align div to bottom of the page in bootstrap

Align elements inside an tag vertically

Javascript is unable to stop page loading