Polymorphic inheritance
<p>I have a question about how to define a method from a subclass or a parent class. For example:</p><pre><br /><code>public class Thought<br />{<br /> //-----------------------------------------------------------------<br /> // Prints a message.<br /> //-----------------------------------------------------------------<br /> public void message()<br /> {<br /> System.out.println ("I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a " +<br /> "parallel universe.");<br /><br /> System.out.println();<br /> }<br />}<br /></code><br /></pre><p>And the child class is:</p><pre><br /><code>public class Advice extends Thought<br />{<br /> //-----------------------------------------------------------------<br /> // Prints a message. This method overrides the parent's version.<br /> //-----------------------------------------------------------------<br /> public void message()<br /> {<br /> System.out.println ("Warning: Dates in calendar are closer " +<br /> "than they appear.");<br /><br /> System.out.println();<br /><br /> super.message(); // explicitly invokes the parent's version<br /> }<br />}<br /></code><br /></pre><p>If I wanted to invoke method message from the main method, would I have to use <code>Thought.message</code>, or <code>Advice.message</code> since I used the super invoker. Does super.(method)() technically just copy and paste the parent method into the child method, allowing you to create an object of only the child?</p><br /><h2>Click here view more answers <a href="http://ift.tt/1WFroPo">http://ift.tt/1WFroPo</a></h2>
Nhận xét
Đăng nhận xét